Saturday 25 October 2014

A Note From the Heart to Some Newly Weds

You  two  got  married  today.  I  can't  quite  believe  it.  But  at  the  same  time,  I  am  ridiculously  happy  for  you  both.

I  mentioned  to  someone  today  that  I  remembered  that  very  first  "it's  not  a  date!",  Brushy,  and  how  you  were  teased  mercilessly  that  it  was.  I  guess,  in  some  ways,  you  were  all  right.  After  all,  it  ended  with  wedding  vows  today.

No,  not  ended.  It  led  to  this  new  stepping  stone,  this  new  beginning  for  you  both.  Oh!  I'm  so  very  happy!

My  dear  sister,  it  was  a  joy  to  spend  the  last  three  years  of  high  school  with  you.  To  sit  in  class  and  see  the  "I  don't  know  how  to  respond  to  this"  expressions  from  our  French  teachers  as  you  and  Amber  combed  each  others  hair  with  forks  or  staged  coups  in  Biology.  To  sit  under  Stath's  guidance  in  Bible  study  and  discuss  the  word  of  God.  And  to  go  on  missions  with  you  was  such  a  great  privilege!  Your  gentle,  loving,  wisdom  and  your  godliness  and  desire  to  see  God  glorified  have  been  an  encouragement  for  me  to  witness.  I  know  that  you  are  God's  and  that  He  will  see  you  safely  home. And,  my  word,  didn't  you  just  look  spectacular  today?!

As  for  your  husband,  he  has  gone  from  being  your  faceless  boyfriend  to  a  man  I  respect  and  fully  believe  will  holdfast  to  his  faith.  It  was  a  privilege  to  get  to  know  you  at  the  beginning  of  the  year,  Jake,  and  knowing  you  I  can  celebrate  your  marriage  to  Brushy  (although,  I  guess  we  can't  really  call  her  that  any  more)  with  even  more  joy.  Because  I  know  that  you  (both  of  you)  will  work  to  have  Christ  at  the  centre  of  your  lives  and  your  family.

And  so,  there  isn't  really  too  much  else  to  say  but  this:  congratulations,  my  beloved  brother  and  sister  in  Christ.  I  pray  that  you  will  walk  with  God  always  and  grow  together  until  the  final  day.  May  your  marriage  come  through  the  fires  of  life  stronger  and  more  secure.  May  you  always  treasure  it  as  the  gift  from  God  it  is  -  even  on  the  days  when  you  wonder  if  you  should  have  ever  made  those  vows!  And  may  your  children  (if  and  when  you  have  them)  know  Christ  as  Lord,  Saviour  and  Brother.

With  all  my  love,
May  God  bless  you  richly  in  His  love  for  you  and  your  love  for  each  other,
Laura  Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment