Saturday 8 July 2017

Beaches, Bread and Books: what I'm thankful for this week

Hello friend!

Come in, grab a cuppa! For myself, I have a delicious mug of camomile and spiced apple in front of me. It's a favourite.

As I've said, I've been making plans for this blog and this post is the first step towards implementing them. The goal is to post a blog talking about what I'm thanking God for each week. I can't promise to post every single week to begin with, but I'll definitely post once a fortnight. As well as that, I will slowly start building up the regularity with which I post about other things. But that's for another time.

For now: what am I thanking God for this week?

First of all, this week had been a mostly good week, so there is actually an awful lot that I'm thankful for. I'll try to keep the words short and have lots of pictures.

Some dear friends of mine were away on holiday for most of the week. They had asked me to look after their animals while they were gone, which was a privilege. It was wonderful to start each day by visiting their house; interacting with their animals; exploring their garden; and spending time reading, writing and praying.






I was also able to spend some time with family this week. I visited my parents and youngest sister on Monday and on Tuesday my grandparents came to see me. We headed to the beach, enjoyed a delicious meal and wonderfully warm weather for a stroll along the beach!





I was also able to bake some bread, cook a nice dinner to share with friends and organise my journals - it was a productive couple of days, which I'm so thankful for!




Other joys included spending more time in my own garden and discovery delights like a bird bathing in a rain filled wheelbarrow; a cheeky cockatoo stealing our lemons; roses fallen to the ground; and just lying on my back watching the clouds through the trees.






And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the way my week started on Sunday and ended last night: stretched out on a blanket, eating chocolate and chatting with friends about anything and everything. And the joys of welcoming home two dear housemates who have both been away for far too long! Welcome home, loves :)


So what about you, dear reader? What are you grateful for this week? Let me know in the comments below!

With love (and tea),
Laura Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment