Friday 16 August 2013

When the Birds Stop Singing

The  birds  stopped  singing  today.
 
Or  maybe  it  was  just  that  I  stopped  listening.

And  I'm  glad  I  heard  this  song  last  night...  cause  I've  got  to  be  honest,  I've  been  forgetting  this.

And,  you  know,  it's  not  been  good.

I  let  my  last  exam  yesterday  get  to  me.  That's  when  the  birds 

Like,  really  get  to  me.

I  couldn't  even  finish  the  exam,  I  had  psyched  myself  out  so  much  (still  trying  to  figure  out  how  to  face  my  teacher  after  that...)

I  left  with  a  headache  and  a  really  grumpy  attitude.  The  sort  that  clearly  warned  everyone  to  stay  away  or  they'd  get  their  head  bitten  off.  I  didn't  even  say  bye  to  my  friends  before  driving  off.

And  it  was  stupid  really.  First,  because  the  questions  were  much  easier  than  anticipated.  Second,  because  the  exam  doesn't  count  for  anything  anyway.  And  third,  well...  does  my  future  really  depend  on  one  lousy  history  exam?

I  doubt  God  was  sitting  upstairs  clucking  His  tongue  and  crossing  me  out  of  the  Book  of  Life  for  not  doing  well  in  that  exam.

He  may  have  been  sitting  there  with  a  breaking  heart  calling  me  to  calm  down,  to  relax  and  not  to  let  stress  get  the  better  of  me.

Sorry,  Father...  kind  of  failed  you  today.

Because  my  temper  and  the  way  I  got  all  worked  up?  Yeah,  it  really  wasn't  on...

I  need  more  of  that  Fruit  Patience  from  the  Holy  Spirit.

A  lot  more.

I  need  to  remember  to  Stop.  To  breathe  and  to  listen  to  the  Birds  singing.

Because  their  song  is  a  Song  of  Praise  and  Thanksgiving.

And  I  need  to  remember  to  Hear  that  Song,  to  Learn  that  Song  and  to  Breathe  that  Song.

To  Breathe  in  His  Grace  and  Breathe  out  His  Praise.

In  with  Grace  and  out  with  Praise.

In  with  Grace.

Out  with  Praise.

Because  honestly?  That's  the  only  way  I'll  make  it  through  the  rest  of  my  life.

No comments:

Post a Comment