Saturday 27 July 2013

Just Another Face in the Crowd

I've  heard  it  said  that  every  woman  has  a  lie  that  they  believe.  A  lie  specially  crafted  by  the  Devil  to  stop  them  from  doing  God  Works.

I  guess  this  one's  mine.

A  face  in  a  crowd...  if  that...  inconsequential,  worthless.

If  you  walked  past  me  on  the  street.  You  wouldn't  look  twice.  Heck,  you  probably  wouldn't  even  look  once.

I'm  the  one  who  at  12  was  asked  what  I  was  studying  at  university  and  at  16  was  assured  I  had  the  maturity  of  a  39  year  old.

I'm  the  one  that  friends  stop  inviting  over  and  don't  bother  talking  to,  then  don't  even  care  enough  to  ask  me  why  I  don't  sit  with  them  any  more.

I'm  the  one  that  people  get  excited  over  seeing  again...  only  to  be  left  sitting  alone  while  they  go  off  and  chat  for  hours  on  end  with  another  friend.

I'm  the  one  who  repeatedly  gets  forgotten  while  the  rest  of  the  family  is  known.

I'm  the  one  people  run  to  when  they  have  problems  and  run  from  when  everything  is  fine.

I'm  just  a  face  in  the  crowd...  sometimes  I  wonder  if  I'm  anything  more  than  the  wall  paper.

And  it  struck  me,  as  I  was  typing  those  words,  how  close  the  way  I  often  feel  is  to  the  way  I  treat  God.

I  run  to  Him  with  my  problems...  and  slip  away  when  things  are  good.

I  stop  inviting  Him  into  my  life,  or  talking  to  Him...  and  then  forget  to  wonder  He  seems  so  distant.

I  get   excited  over  talking  to  Him...  and  then  get  distracted  talking  to  others  or  thinking  of  other  things.

And,  you  know  what,  He  incredibly  still  loves  me.  He's  still  willing  to  pick  the  pieces  up  after  I  ruin  everything.  He's  still  willing  to  hold  me  and  show  me  He  loves  me.

And  because  of  that,  I'm  happy  with  being  a  face  in  the  crowd.  I'm  happy  to  simply  Be  and  Live  and  Love.  Because  He  Is.  I'm  happy  to  serve  without  being  known.

For  the  most  part...

because  sometimes...  sometimes...  I  would  really  like  to  be  the  Belle  of  the  Ball  instead...

And  when  I  wish  that...  when  I  believe  I'm  just  another  face...  that's  when  the  Devil  begins  to  win...

because  I  am  the  Belle  of  Someone's  Ball...  I'm  the  Belle  of  His  Ball...  and  that's  the  highest  honour  a  girl  could  ever  hope  for.

To  be  the  Cinderella  in  the  Court  of  His  Majesty...  Creator  of  All  Things  Seen  and  Unseen...

But  it's  hard  to  truly  believe  I'm  not  Cinderella  in  her  rags.  It's  hard  to  see  that  I  am  clothed  in  the  Robes  of  Heaven,  simply  because  He  chose  me.

Even  those  last  few  words  have  been  more  to  reassure  myself...  because  honestly...  I  can't  see  much  more  than  another  face  in  the  crowd...  how  can  this...  that  is  to  say  me...  be  the  Belle  of  anyone's  Ball,  let  alone  His?

No comments:

Post a Comment