Monday 16 September 2013

Leaning

Ever  have  those  days  when  you're  bone  weary?  When  your  eyes  just  keep  drifting  closed  and  your  head  throbs  from  the  effort  of  staying  awake  less  than  an  hour  after  you've  gotten  up?

Ever  had  those  days  when  you  can't  properly  string  two  words  together  and  the  effort  of  carrying  out  a  conversation  leaves  you  weak?  When  you  can't  think  straight  and  say  dumb  things  and  you  just  don't  care?

Those  days  when  you're  just  so  tired  and  disjointed  and  out  of  focus  that  your  mood  soars  up  and  down  based  on  the  tiniest,  stupidest  things?

Those  days  when  all  you  can  do  is  wonder  how  you're  going  to  get  through  the  next  hour,  let  alone  the  entire  day?

These  past  few  days  have  all  been  one  of  those  days,  for  me.

And  I'm  sitting  here,  having  only  been  awake  two  hours  and  am  already  thinking  that  going  to  bed  really,  really  early  sounds  like  a  very,  very  good  idea.

And  I'm  looking  out  the  window  and  the  sky  is  cold  and  grey  and  the  room  looks  like  the  light  is  washing  it  out,  though  maybe  that  is  just  my  eyes.

And  I'm  wondering,  asking,  questioning  -  just  where  am  I  supposed  to  get  the  energy  from  to  walk  through  this  day?  To  process  the  information  I'm  receiving  and  string  words  together  in  English,  let  alone  French?

The  only  thought  I  can  think  is  a  simple  word.  One  single  word.  "Lean."

"Lean."

Lean  on  what?  On  who?

On  God.

And  I've  just  realized  that  I've  left  my  Bible  at  home  so  it's  not  available  for  me  to  read  and  absorb.  But  it  doesn't  matter.

Because  God  is  not  restricted  to  the  Bible  and  He  is  still  here  with  me,  still  available  for  me  to  lean  on.

And  leaning  just  means  relaxing  into  God  and  letting  Him  do  the  work  of  holding  me  up.

Which  is  good...  because  I'm  struggling  to  just  hold  my  head  up.

No comments:

Post a Comment