Wednesday 2 October 2013

A Psalm of Praise

Because  sometimes  we  forget  to  praise  the  Lord.

Well,  Ok,  I  forget  to  praise  the  Lord.

So  I  just  thought  I'd  share  some  of  King  David's  beautiful  words.  Just  for  a  spot  of  midweek  praise.

Psalm  138
"I  give  you  thanks,  O  Lord,  with  all  my  heart;
I  will  sing  your  praises  before  the  gods.
I  bow  before  your  holy  Temple  as  I  worship.
I  praise  your  name  for  your  unfailing  love  and  faithfulness;
for  your  promises  are  backed  by  all  the  honour  of  your  name.
As  soon  as  I  pray,  you  answer  me; 
you  encourage  me  by  giving  me  strength.

"Every  king  in  all  the  earth  will  thank  you,  Lord,
for  all  of  them  will  hear  your  words.
Yes,  they  will  sing  about  the  Lord's  ways,
for  the  Lord  is  very  great.
Though  the  Lord  is  great,  he  cares  for  the  humble,
but  he  keeps  his  distance  from  the  proud.

"Though  I  am  surrounded  by  troubles,
you  will  protect  me  from  the  anger  of  my  enemies.
You  reach  out  your  hand
and  the  power  of  your  right  hand  saves  me.
The  Lord  will  work  out  His  plans  for  my  life -
for  your  faithful  love,  O  Lord,  endures  forever.
Don't  abandon  me,  for  you  made  me."

No comments:

Post a Comment