Friday 4 October 2013

Prince Charming

It  makes  sense,  don't  you  think,  that  I  follow  my  last  post  on  The Heart Of Romance  by  talking  about  the  kind  of  man  I  hope  to  marry?

Well,  it  makes  sense  to  me.

He  doesn't  have  a  face  yet,  and  probably  won't  for  some  time.

Nor  do  I  have  any  desire  to  insist  that  he  love  writing,  be  a  bibliophile  (the  fancy  way  of  saying:  addicted  to  reading  and  books),  and  be  the  wittiest  person  on  the  planet.

But,  I  do  have  a  few  requirements  for  what  my  Prince  Charming  is  like.

I  hope  you'll  stick  with  me  as  I  describe  him!  And,  it  would  be  great  if  you  could  comment  at  the  bottom  with  your  own  thoughts  and  opinions  and  reflections.  I'd  love  to  have  more  of  a  rapport  with  my  readers  (not  hard  seeing  as  the  rapport  is  currently  non-existent).

My  Prince  Charming  must  be  a  prince.

Not  the  sort  that  sits  in  palaces  and  is  waited  on  hand  and  foot.  Nor  the  sort  that  rides  in  fancy  cars  and  makes  millions  while  crooning  to  the  fangirls  about  that  girl  he  saw  that  one  time.

No,  when  I  say  he  must  be  a  prince,  I  mean  he  must  be  son  to  the  King  of  Kings  and  Lord  of  Lords.

He  must  be  a  man  of  honesty  and  integrity,  who  seeks  his  Father's  will  in  all  he  does.

He  must  be  a  man  of  compassion  and  grace,  not  afraid  to  give  of  his  time,  energy  and  resources  to  care  for  his  fellow  humans  because  he  recognizes  that  his  Father  has  a  heart  for  them  to.

He  must  be  a  man  of  honour,  who  treats  men  and  women  alike  with  respect,  because  he  knows  they  are  all  made  in  the  image  of  God.

He  must  be  a  leader,  ready  to  lead  myself,  our  family,  and   anyone  else  closer  to  God  through  practical  decisions,  advice,  and  example.

He  must  be  a  man  of  the  Bible,  who  reads  the  Word  because  he  hungers  for  the  Bread  and  Water  of  Life.

He  must  be  a  man  of  prayer,  who  fights  his  battles  on  his  knees  because  understands  that  the  battle  is  not  against  men  of  flesh,  but  against  the  Devil  and  the  only  way  he  is  going  to  win  is  by  letting  God  take  control.

He  must  be  a  man  of  humility,  who  recognizes  his  strength  and  acknowledges  them  only  as  they  are  used  by  God,  and  who  freely  admits  his  fears  and  weaknesses.

He  must  be  a  patient,  forgiving  man,  who  understands  that  God's  forgiveness  is  not  meant  to  be  kept  to  himself,  but  passed  on  and  multiplied.  And  also  because I'm  going  to  need  so  much  patience  and  forgiveness.

And  I  know  the  perfect  man  doesn't  exist.  So  he  has  to  be  a  man  willing  to  admit  it  when  he  stuffs  up,  acknowledge  when  he  can't  do  something  by  himself,  ask  for  help  when  he  needs  it  and  who,  in  all  things,  relies  on  the  grace  found  at  the  cross.

So  basically,  I  hope  my  husband  is  a  man  of  God!

No comments:

Post a Comment