Wednesday 26 June 2013

Heart Bleeding on the Floor

I'm  standing  there  before  them,  smashing  through  defenses  and  screens  and  projections  that  I've  built  over  the  years.

I'm  smashing  through  the  years  of  faking  strength  and  hiding  tears  and  blood.  I'm  smashing  through  it  all.

It's  time  to  let  them  see,  time  to  let  the  whole  world  see  that  I'm  the  same  as  everyone  else.

I'm  a  heart  bleeding  on  the  floor.

I'm  a  heart  blue  and  black  staining  a  floor  red.

No  more  lies  that  the  world  doesn't  hurt.  No  more  pretense  that  the  abuse  was  minimal.  No  more  hiding  the  story  of  more  people  than  we  care  to  imagine.

Those  stories  are  true,  and  if  we  who  have  them  hide  them,  the  world  is  the  worse  for  it.

Because  as  my  bloodied,  blackened  heart  is  shown,  so  too  is  the  Hand  of  the  Master  Healer  who  is  tenderly  sowing  the  pieces  back  together.  The  Hand  of  the  Master  Healer  who  is  lovingly  closing  the  wounds  and  creating  something  beautiful  with  the  scars. 

Shown  too  is  the  Blood  of  the  Lamb  crucified  at  Golgotha,  the  Blood  that  is  taking  my  Red  stains  and  washing  them  White.

Shown  too  is  the  Light  of  the  God  who  stepped  down  into  Darkness,  into  my  Darkness,  and  filled  it  with  His  Light.

And  I'm  still  smashing  those  defenses,  I'm  still  cutting  through  the  screens  and  the  projections,  but  one  day  they'll  all  be  gone.

One  day  you  will  all  be  able  to  see  the  embroidery  of  the  scars  on  my  heart,  the  white  washed  floor  on  which  I  sit,  and  you'll  know  that  our  God  is  a  God  of  Love,  of  Power  and  of  Faith,  because  I  am  just  a  heart  bleeding  on  the  floor  of  Life,  same  as  you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment