Friday 22 November 2013

A Special Guest (and then Thanksgiving point #34)


Ummm, well, Hello *taps on microphone* Is this thing on? You might be thinking. . "wait this isn't actually our normal amazing author!? Who is this deviously charming but ugly imposer? Have you kidnapped our usual author for use in your dastardly plans to take over the southern hemisphere?!"

The answers to your questions are: “Yes”, “Explained later”, and “Absolutely”.

Well 'ello, My name is *Actual name blocked for due to US gov shutdown*  But you can call me Scooper.  See me, and the author of this blog, are good friends (at least I hope so, but after this post we shall see  ) But the thing is, me and author  have only actually had three conversations in real life. In fact, the first time I had the pleasure of conversing with that wonderful creature, I killed her.

Let’s face it, she had it coming.

The other two conversations regarded her relationship with an empty fireplace (and a full head), and why she was not participating in rhythmic body movements in a crowded room full of absolutely crazy people all dancing (or at least that's what I hope it was) to the Black Keys's song, lonely boy. All in all, not many of those conversations lasted more than a couple sentences.

But somehow, she is one the closest human beings I have the pleasure of calling friend.

"Hold up, hold up" you’re thinking, "how on earth did this crazy manic weirdo stalker who is clearly fanaticizing on a made up relationship with our amazing author, hack onto this blog to post this creepy obsession" Now , now, dear reader. First, I deny being a stalker. Also I do think I have good reason to pretend to be a good friend to the author. And that reason is the internet.

See, me and the author have been chatting using Facebook primary, sometimes Skype too, (not as often as I would have liked) for little over a year now.  We have seen each other though some of the worst ups and downs in that short period. I have been with her during her minor missteps, and she has been with me though my many, many, many emotional hissy fits. Then promptly slapped me out of some of them, and cheered me up though the rest.  We know each other well, (sometimes I think too well) and have a very good grasp of each other's weak points and (in my case) more weak points. And that's amazing.

Think about it, we are so amazing that we can have deep, meaningful relationships with people thousands of miles away, that, instantly, we can communicate and talk to these people. I talk to the author nearly every day, it's an odd day when we don't converse. She has become an necessary  part of my day, and one of my dearest of friends. It really makes me wonder about what is the basis of friendship? It can't be presence, it's not hugs (as nice as they are), I suspect it's not even words, but connection.  What an amazing and wonderful world we live in. Aren't we blessed, it blows my mind.

It's amazing then, that friendship, deep meaningful, friendship can come from pixels?

And isn't it Ironic, that one of the closest friends I have, lives that farthermost from me?


the always annoying
 but hopefully entertaining,
Scooper.
 
Hello  everyone,  normal  author  back  here!  Just  want  to  pop  in  with  my  thanksgiving  point  for  today,  which  is  precisely  that  which  Scooper  is  talking  about.  For  the  friendships  that  the  internet  enables  us  to  have,  most  particular this  friendship.  I  have  been  very  blessed  through  this  friendship  and  am  grateful  God  provided  the  internet  that  has  enabled  it  to  happen.
 
So,  with  Christmas  on  the  34th  day  from  now,  I  give  thanks  for  friendship  and  the  care  that  God  takes  of  me  through  them.

No comments:

Post a Comment