Monday 4 November 2013

Thanksgiving #52 - Gifts of Prayer

I  sat  behind  the  desk  at  the  back  of  the  room,  my  leg  twitching  and  my  heart  racing.  The  teachers  moved  around  the  room,  passing  out  the  exam  papers  and  I  had  to  close  my  eyes  and  breathe  and  pray.

It  was  hard  to  believe  my  final  exams  and  finally  started.  The  thought  of  it  was  a  little  overwhelming.  I  prayed  and  asked  God  for  peace  of  mind  and  clarity  of  thought.

As  I  prayed,  the  names  of  all  those  people  who  had  told  me  they  are  praying  for  me  flowed  through  my  mind.

It  helped,  at  least  a  little.

The  knowledge  that  there  were  people  who  cared  for  me  enough  to  bring  both  me  and  my  exams  before  God  and  pray  on  my  behalf  about  them  was  encouraging  and  reassuring.

And  so  my  point  of  thanksgiving  today,  on  the  52nd  day  before  Christmas  is  this:

I  am  so  thankful  for  my  friends  and  family  and  the  care  they  lavish  on   me.  But  most  of  all,  I  am  so,  so  grateful  for  their  Gifts  of  Prayer.  And  the fact  that  those  Gifts  were  heard  and  received  by  the  One  who  has  the  power  to  answer  them.

No comments:

Post a Comment