Wednesday 6 November 2013

Thanksgiving #50 - Water

I  was  up  on  the  school  oval,  having  a  bit  of  a  "sat  still  for  too  long!"  moment,  and  I  couldn't  resist  staring  at  the  sprinkler.

The  water  spiraled  up  and  around  as  the  sprinkler  whipped  around.  A  longer  stream  of  water  slowly  swiveled  around.

Droplets  of  water  flew  everywhere,  glistening  in  the  sunlight  and  tumbling  to  the  grass  like  little  diamonds.  As  the  water  moved  around,  the  air  cooled  and  a  freshness  touched  my  cheeks.

I  realized,  as  I  watched  the  water  falling  through  the  air  and  soaking  into  the  ground,  that  I  don't  thank  God  enough  for  water.

I  don't  thank  Him  enough  for  it's  coolness  and  goodness.

I  don't  thank  Him  enough  for  the  way  it  seeps  into  the  ground  and  up  the  roots  of  plants  giving  them  life.

I  don't  thank  Him  enough  for  the  refreshing  way  cold  water  splashes  into  me  or  slides  down  my  throat.

I  don't  thank  Him  enough  for  the  way  water  gives  life.

Water...  so  simple...  so  obvious...  yet  where  would  we  be  without  it?

So,  today,  on  the  50th  day  before  Christmas,  I  want  to  thank  my  God  for  water.  And  then  I  want  to  go  get  a  drink  of  it...  my  throat  is  so  dry!  So  thank  you,  God,  for  cool,  clear  water.  I  really  do  love  it!

No comments:

Post a Comment